Someone asked Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, could you give us a concrete five point agenda that each citizen can do to create a divine society
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar:
1) Be stress free – keep your body, mind and spirit free from stress. It is not a one-time job; it is something that has to be done over and over again, like keeping your teeth clean; like dental hygiene.
2) Do something for society – do whatever little you can, and be committed towards it.
3) Keep prejudice away – drop prejudice from your mind and intellect; whether it is against another religion, caste, or gender.
4) Keep balance in your family-society and work-life – some people do so much social work and ignore the family. While some are so stuck with their family that their world does not go beyond the four walls of their home; both are not utilizing their full potential. Those who are confined to the four walls of their homes need to go out, make more friends and do some work for society. Those who are out all the time and not very nice to people at home, consider being more kind at home also. Thus, keep the work-life balance.
5) Have a vision, for yourself and a vision for society and hold on to it. It may be anything but keep it away from your profession, like writing a book, poetry, painting, singing, writing short stories. Be innovative in whatever way you can. Just keep that idea, and it will come up within you. So, keep one vision for yourself, and one for society – inspire people around you! There are a hundred reasons to be miserable, upset, and unhappy in life and in society. Coming out of it is a challenge. You should take up this challenge, “Come what may, I will move through all those negative clouds that surround me; like the planes that take off even in bad weather”. You need to have that radar within you, which enables you to move through any negative cloud and create enthusiasm around you.
wordpress theme by initheme.com